The Lamp of the body
is the eye.
If your eye is good,
your whole body
will be full of light.
Feel free to submit your questions on our Contact Us page.
- What is the Treasurer Miscellaneous Coupon used for?
- Is a Chapter required to have a financial audit?
- What is the correct procedure to use for an audit?
- Where do the proceeds of the AGAPE Celebrations go?
- for any special occaion tht is not a Metroplis budget commitment. Ex: Donations tht are made "In Memory of" or "In Honor of" or other occasions.
- for a Metropolis Board Special Appeal to our chapters. Ex: Hurrican Katrina was not a planned event but many chapters donated to the Metropolis Philoptochos Disaster Relief Program.
- Or, if you use all membership coupons and need to send additional membership/per capita to the Metropolis you could change the category and use as a replacement for an original coupon.
- Yes, each chapter should have an audit prior to chapter elections?
- Prior to the commencement of a new term, an audit of the financial books and records shall be performed by a three-member panel, none of whom shall be a chapter member or by a Certified Public Accountant, who is not an chapter member.
- Funds raised at Agape Celebrations are specifically for Metropolis education and youth programs. The Youth Diakonias include Winter Youth Rally, St Stephens Summer Camp, GOYA Retreats, St John Chrysostom Oratorical Festival, Hellenic Dance Festival, etc.
- There has been some confusion between the name Youth Diakonia and the Diakonia Center. The AGAPE proceeds go to Youth Ministries (or Diakonia) Office for use in their youth and education programs and do not go to the Diakonia Retreat Center.
- Read more at AGAPE Celebrations